The ModieLoad is a static capacitive load which draws 9.8A from a single phase nominal 240VAC supply.
Its intended use is as an appropriate electrical load which can be used for general installation testing and facilitate neutral integrity testing according to the methods set out in AS4741:2010. It is not intended to be used to test electricity kilowatt hour [kWh] meters and will not work as such.
ModieLoad Static Capacitive Load Features
- No heat dissipation and no moving parts.
- No moving air generated which might cause friable asbestos or allergenic dust hazards.
- No duty cycle required. Can operate indefinitely with no minimum Off time.
- No thermal cut-outs required as little heat is generated.
- Employs soft start circuitry at switch On (~20ms) and automatic rapid discharge (t<0.25s) at switch Off.
- Latching switching action assures immediate switch Off if supply is disconnected or supply failure occurs during operation.
- Shoulder strap for convenient carrying and magnets attached for easy mounting on metallic surfaces.
- Superior performance to a resistive load.
ModieLoad Static Capacitive Load Technical Specifications
|Rated supply voltage
||240VAC (±10%) @ 50Hz
|Current at nominal rated supply voltage
||9.8A (9.4A @ 230VAC)
||2.35kVA @ 240VAC
||22kV/mm IEC 60243-1
|Designed to (environmental conditions)
|Conforms to AS61010
||CAT IV 300V