- Switch the unit to the “ON” position, a Green LED power light will immediately illuminate, indicating a good battery connection.
- Place the unit on the high setting ( to the right) for the greatest detection range.
- Check the low battery indicator is not orange and continue with the operation. If the orange LED illuminates, replace battery before use or recharge NIMH battery with approved charger.
- Press the self test button to check the unit is operating correctly. A repeating tone will be heard indicating a healthy circuit. A two second delay will occur between the self test operation and the normal unit detection operation. Your personal electrical safety device is now ready to use.
- It is recommended that regular checks using the self test function be used during the working period to ensure optimal performance.
- Always hold the GLM Mini MR with your thumb placed on the indicated position with your arm outstretched. This allows maximum detection distance. For better meter reader operation. The closer the unit is to the trunk of the body the lower the detection distance.
- Change the MR tester sensitivity switch to HIGH.
- Approach the metal clad meter box with caution to determine if meter box is alive.
Always allow the test area label to be placed on the side of the body that is most likely to be placed in harms way.
- When an electric field is detected by your tester an audible alarm will be heard and a red indicator LED will flash alerting you that you are within a hazard area.
- If this occurs retrace your steps in a slow and calm manner until the alert is diminished. (You are now in a safe area again).
- To determine the exact location of the voltage source place the unit on the low setting and approach with care, you can now identify live components.
- When voltage has been officially disconnected by the supply authority retest the area again by placing the unit on high and holding with thumb on indication and arm outstretched.
- This unit can detect AC voltages from up to 3m away on high voltage supply lines. When approaching these lines personal protective insulation equipment gloves, shoes must be worn at all times.
Note: If the meter box is closed and properly insulated, there should not be a unit activation. If unit is activated check for surrounding electric fields. To determine the exact location of the voltage source place the unit on the low setting and approach with care, you can now identify live components.
HIGH VOLTAGE TRANSMISSION LINES PRODUCES A LARGE ELECTRIC FIELD THAT MAY INDUCE AN ARC OR FLASH OVER. THIS WILL DAMAGE THE INTERNAL SETTINGS
IF A VOLTAGE IS DETECTED, THERE IS NO NEED TO BRING THE DETECTOR ANY CLOSER TO THE VOLTAGE.
The Modiewark Mini Tester is not designed to operate where mains cable are armoured or enclosed in metal conduit, underground or any situation where the AC field is negated by metal shielding.
The unit will not detect DC voltages and must be used by trained personnel around train tracks and railway control boxes and signals.